This Privacy Notice explains how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal data. The notice applies to all staff and workers at University Academy 92 (UA92) including job seekers/applicants, employed full-time, part-time, permanent, fixed term, casual and visiting staff and workers.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We collect personal information from you such as your contact details, date of birth, gender, health conditions, training records, education and employment information. This list is not exhaustive and from time to time, UA92 may request other personal data to support matters such as wellbeing and health and safety.
We also collect data related to appropriate ‘protected characteristics’ such as ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation and disabilities.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We routinely collect information about you through the online application portal which may be accessed through the Job Vacancies section of the UA92 website and other online application vehicles such as Jobs Boards and Lancaster University’s website, where appropriate. When you accept an offer of employment at UA92, we collect further information from you including banking information and details to enable us to administer your pay and pension.
In addition, in the course of your employment at UA92, we may collect further information about you including:
- Absence records;
- Employee relations records;
- Performance and development records and reports;
- Reports from the occupational health service;
- Contractual changes in your employment
UA92 will also collect information during the course of your employment through self-assessment forms, digital and face-to-face forums, surveys and line management conversations.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your personal information to enable us to consider your application to work at UA92 or to enable us to fulfil our obligations as your employer.
UA92 is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion across all services and activities. One of the important ways in which we assess and develop the effectiveness of our policies and practices is by monitoring applications for vacancies. Data we collect also helps us shape our wellbeing offer for all colleagues.
The diversity information that you are asked to provide as part of your application for employment will be used for monitoring purposes only; it does not form any part of the selection process. An exception to this is if you declare a disability if you wish to be considered for selection under the Disability Confident scheme.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
UA92 will share your data with employees of UA92 on a need-to-know basis in relation to job function.
UA92 will also share your data with a number of external organisations including:
- Agents of UA92 e.g. pension administrator;
- Lancaster University;
- Relevant UK government departments, e.g. HMRC;
- Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA);
- Law enforcement agencies;
- Any other authorised third party with which UA92 has a legal/contractual obligation to share data.
UA92 will ensure that the sharing of data is in line with data protection legislation. In many cases, the institution does not need to seek your consent to share this information when there is a legal or statutory obligation to do so.
In emergency situations, UA92 may share your personal data, including sensitive personal data with organisations/individuals such as a medical professional or the police service.
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTY COUNTRIES?
Sometimes we may need to share your personal data with other organisations based within or outside the European Union (EU).
When it is necessary to share your data with organisations outside the European Union, we will ensure that there are appropriate safeguards in place, thereby offering a comparable level of protection of your data within the EEA.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
UA92 has robust Information Security policies in place to protect your information. All staff at UA92 have a responsibility to make sure that your data is handled securely.
For further information on UA92’s information security policies, please contact the designated Data Protection officer at email@example.com.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Your application and employment records will be kept for a defined retention period, as follows:
- For successful applicants who become employees, details are kept for the period of their employment + 6 years from leave date.
- For unsuccessful applicants, interview details (eg. notes) are held for 3 months and then destroyed. Application information is held in the applicant tracking system for 12 months and is then anonymised.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- To have access to your personal data - for further information see the Subject Access webpage;
- To have inaccurate or incomplete personal data amended;
- To have your personal data deleted – this will only apply when there is no legitimate reason for UA92 to continue to use your personal data;
- To restrict the use of your personal data;
- To request personal information in a digital form so that you can provide to other organisations;
- To object to automated decision-making and profiling;
- To withdraw consent when we have used consent as the basis for using your information.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you are advised to first read this information as there are some exceptions to using your rights. For example, it is a statutory duty for the institution to send some of your information to HESA each year. In this case you could not apply to restrict this use of your information.
Any requests to use your rights over your personal data should be made to the institution’s designated Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
You are required to read this Privacy Notice when you make an application and accept a contract of employment with UA92. It is important that you do this so you understand how we use your personal information and your rights.
Please assist UA92 to keep your personnel record up to date by notifying the People team of any change to your personal details, such as a change in your address or telephone number.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
This Notice has been developed to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This Notice is regularly reviewed and sometimes updated. It is important that you check for updates to this Notice. Updates can be made at any time.